Rose Poivrée - Candle 9.5oz
The bouquet of fresh and lush roses evokes Marie Antoinette's love of the flower. A hint of Tuscan black pepper at the heart of the rose delivers subtle, unexpected harmony.
The special edition Rose Poivrée, candle was created by Cire Trudon in partnership with designer Giambattista Valli to celebrate the 2010 opening of his first store on rue Boissy d'Anglas in Paris.
- Top Notes: Lily of the Valley, Madagascar pepper, tangerine
- Middle Notes: Amber, palmarosa, rose
- Base Notes: Musk, sandalwood
ADDITIONAL INFO & INSTRUCTIONS
When using the candle for the first time, leave it to burn for at least 2 hours, until all the wax has become liquid on the surface.
Trim the wick on a regular basis
Ensure the wick is situated in the centre of the wax after every use to guarantee an even burn.
Do not leave candle burning unattended. Do not set in a draft. Keep away from children, curtains and pets.
THE HISTORY OF CIRE TRUDON
- 1643: Claude Trudon becomes the owner of a store on rue Saint Honoré in Paris. There he sells spices and candles.
- 1702: Michel Brice Péan de Saint Gilles founds the manufacture for the whitening of waxes and the manufacturing of candles in the town of Antony, south of Paris.
- 1719: The manufacture becomes a Royal Manufacture, the one and only candle manufacture to ever obtain this title.
- 1737: As a Trudon heir, Jérôme Trudon buys the Royal Wax Manufacture, in Antony. The manufacture innovates and perfects the art of manufacturing perfectly white beeswax candles. Its moto becomes “DEO REGIQUE LABORANT”, which means: “They work for God and the King.”, “they” being the bees.
- 1811: The manufacture supplies the Imperial court of France.
- 1889: The Carrière brothers, successors of the Trudon family and knowhow, obtain a gold medal for the innovation brought to their candles.
- 2007: At the crossroad between knowhow and History, scented Trudon candles are born.
- 2018: Trudon launches it bee conservancy program in collaboration with the Orne Dark Bee Conservancy and the Perche regional Nature Park.