Talismania Collection - Akkad - Eau de Parfum
Akkad is a luminous amber perfume, mystical but also sensual.
Delphine Thierry, who composed this creation, imagined an amber note that is both spicy and luminous. The opposite therefore of the dark, mystical ambers that bring to mind the smoke of frankincense in ancient temples. Akkad amber opens with an aromatic citrus head note of mandarin and bergamot, enhanced by Clary sage. Clary sage, also known as “the sacred herb”, is renowned for its euphoric, harmonising properties.
The heart unfolds in the rich, balmy, spicy notes of frankincense and styrax, evocative of the ancient east, cooled by elemi, a fresh, soothing herb, and intensified by cardamom.
The base with its two ambers of plant and animal origin centres on the woody richness of patchouli, sweetened with sensual vanilla.
- Top Notes: Mandarin and bergamot from Italy, clary sage
- Middle Notes: Cardamom, elemi, frankincense, styrax
- Base Notes: Amber, cistus-labdanum, vanilla, patchouli
- Olfactive Group: Oriental
- Perfumer: Delphine Thierry
- Created: 2012